Sconnie Sisters is a lifestyle blog written by, well, two sisters. It chronicles the adventures in seriously awesome midwestern living by Amy and Emily Kant. The Kant sisters are Wisconsinites for life, even if one of them currently hails from Minnesota. But don’t you worry, Emily will NEVER be a Vikings fan. Or Amy will disown her.
What do you love about your sister?
- Amy: I love her face. I love her laugh. I love that she knows me better than anyone else in this world. I love how we can be completely honest with each other. I love that I can always count on her to be there for me and that, even as adults, we’re never too old for a sleepover or a snuggle on the couch.
- Emily: She has always been there for me, regardless of the situation. And…well, I have put her through a bit. Amy is also one of the most caring people I know. Not to be cliche but my sister is my best friend. She also has a goofy, but also has a super sassy side–which always keeps life quite interesting.
Where is “home?”
- Amy: I have lived in Wisconsin most of my life. Milwaukee is my jam.
- Emily: Home will always be Wisconsin to me, as I have lived there nearly my entire life. I heart Milwaukee. Currently, I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota. I went to school here and am now engaged to a great guy, which has kept me from moving back to MKE.
What does “Sconnie” mean?
- Sconnie is a nickname for Wisconsin.
What is one seemingly simple thing that you can’t do?
- Amy: Tie my shoes like an adult. I have to double knot them or they come untied all day long. I was never able to do that “bunny rabbit around the tree” thing.
- Emily: I cannot read analog clocks. I missed that week in kindergarten.
What are you afraid of?
- Amy: Clowns
- Emily: Mascots and anything big and fluffy, appearing to have a person inside.
If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
What is something nerdy about you?
- Amy: iHaveaproblem. iMac, iPad, 2 iPhones and a MacBook Air.
- Emily: I am a huge history nerd. I even got a BA in it. You may see some history gems from me here and there.
What is your favorite board game?
- Amy: I love strategy games like Settlers of Catan, Risk, Power Grid, etc.
- Emily: Monopoly! But, I love playing just about any board game. Our family plays board games at most of our get togethers.
Have a question you’d like us to answer? Use the handy “Contact” tab. Or carrier pigeon. Whatever.